ASH SCHOOL HOUSE CHARITY
Charity No. 1114832
Following the sale of the School House (now part of Cripperty Cottage) many years ago, Ash School House Charity was established so that the proceeds of the sale could be used to give grants to young people in the local area to help them in their education and/or career. To continue doing this today, the trustees of the Charity have established the following guidelines:
- Applicants for grants should live in the ecclesiastical parish of Ash and be under the age of 25 at the closing date for applications (see below).
- Applications for grants may be made by those moving on to, or already in, further or higher education, a profession, trade or calling.
- Grants are given to meet educational needs, materials, courses, travel and so on.
- Applications for grants must be made to the trustees, preferably by email although hardcopies will be accepted, as follows:
by email to: email@example.com
hardcopy to: Mayfield, Ash Magna, Whitchurch SY13 4DR
- Applicants must give details of the specific purpose that they would use a grant for, as well as their address and date of birth.
- Applications from people under the age of 18 must be endorsed by a parent or guardian.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 30 September.
- The trustees anticipate that up to £500 will be available in any one year and will use their discretion to share this amongst approved applicants as appropriate.
- Grants will be paid by cheque as soon as possible after the trustees have made their decision.
- Successful applicants will only be given one grant during the period when they are eligible.
- If an application is refused, the applicant may make another application during the time they are eligible.
- The trustees’ decision is final.
The trustees’ job is to make grants to those who meet the criteria above. If you do, we would welcome an application from you. If you know somebody else who may be eligible, we would be grateful if you could bring the above to their attention.
Ash School House Charity is a registered charity no 1114832